Award Winning Keynote Speaker James Lawrence, The Iron Cowboy, Guinness World Record Holder, Author, Subject of 50.50.50 Documentary, Eco-Challenge Team Leader, Mental Toughness and Peak Performance Speaker, Champion of the Conquer 100
Fee info*The fee ranges indicated on this page are provided as a guide. Please keep in mind that if a speaker's price is indicated as a range, such as $20,000 - $30,000, it means that their charge is usually within that range. The fees charged for speakers are subject to revision. Fees may fluctuate according to a variety of circumstances, including the speaker's availability, scarcity, the length of the speech, customisation and the location of the event. Please reach out to us with the specifics of your event and requirements, and we will gladly supply you with a quotation.
Keynote Speaker Videos
About Keynote Speaker
After breaking several Guinness World Records, James Lawrence wondered if he had truly found his mental and physical limits. He knew there was more. Experience firsthand the remarkable journey of James Lawrence and his family.
Known as the Iron Cowboy, James earned this nickname from the public after he started to wear a cowboy hat during the marathon portion of his Ironman races to be identified by his children quickly. With two Guinness world records under his belt, James and his family attempted to do something every person deemed impossible, 50 full distance triathlons, in 50 states, in 50 consecutive days (aka: 50.50.50).
His combination of energy, humor, determination, and achievements captivates his audience and creates an inspirational and awakening phenomenon for all. James’ story of reaching new limits is one everyone can relate to. He is an ordinary guy, whose extraordinary personal story will make you laugh, cry, reflect, and leave you inspired to reach higher. James has spoken all over the world, on stages in more than 20 countries. His story and his inspiring message includes the following themes:
Doing the small things right
Overcoming personal limitations
Overcoming your fear
More about James Lawrence
Sports Illustrated ranked James in the top 50 fittest freaks with Lebron James and Conor McGregor, two of James’ favorite athletes. RedBull declares that ‘when it comes to endurance, he is unstoppable’ and Success magazine named him ‘The Most Enduring Man In The World.’ He has redefined the definition of impossible and shares his journey with audiences around the world.
• In 2021, James completed the Conquer 100: completing a full-distance triathlon for 100 consecutive days, logging 140.6 miles a day, for 14 weeks, totaling 14,060 miles.
• In 2020 James competed in the T.V. World Premier of The World’s toughest race–a ten-day adventure race through the back jungles of Fiji, and he completed The Uberman.
• James has mountain biked to the top of Mount Kilimanjaro, ran 235 miles across Greece, competed in Xtreme Triathlons around the world, and raced the Xtri World Championship in Norway.
• James was named one of Sports Illustrated’s 2017 Fittest 50
• James holds two world records- Most 70.3 Ironmans and Most Full Ironmans
• In 2017, James completed the 50/50/50. the greatest feat of human endurance. Read more here on Redbull’s site – it’s pretty awesome!
• In 2015, the 36-year-old athlete set out to do the unthinkable: complete 50 triathlons, in 50 days, in 50 different states. That’s 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of cycling and a full 26.2-mile marathon run every day for 50 days straight.
• In 2012, James set the record for completing the most Ironman-distance triathlons in one year (finishing 30 races in 11 countries during 2012)
• James is the author of “Redefine Impossible”
• James is a Mental Strength Guru and a Renown Endurance Coach
James Lawrence lives with his wife, Sunny, and their five children in Utah.
Keynote Speaker Topics
When James Lawrence (aka the Iron Cowboy) announced his plan to complete 50 Ironmans in 50 consecutive days in all 50 states, the only person who believed that he could pull it off was James himself (and his wife, Sunny). An Ironman consists of a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride, and a 26.2-mile run. In Lawrence’s case, he would have to complete those distances and then make it to the next state in time to do it all over again the next day. Even Lawrence’s coach didn’t think he could complete the challenge; enough that he penciled in another event the day Lawrence was supposed to complete the 50. But with the support of Sunny, their five children in tow, and with grassroots support always conjured at the last minute via Facebook, he accomplished what he set out to do. Iron Cowboy is the story of Lawrence’s herculean 50-day journey and all the extraordinary, miserable, and life-threatening events that happened along the way, as well as a glance at his life leading up to the mission and winning two prior world records.
Key take-ways from Redefine Impossible:
Going all in
Breaking through mental and physical barriers.
Be uniquely you.
Belief and conviction on your journey.
Mind over matter.
Teamwork > One man’s feat
Get your priorities straight.
What’s your why? No goal too big – you just need the right steps.
BREAKING BARRIERS – ONE STEP AT A TIME
Today, we’re faced with mounting pressures, demands from every angle, being told we need to do more – except with less resources. In this talk, James Lawrence brings his combination of energy, humor, determination, and achievements to captivate the audience and create an inspirational and awakening phenomenon for all. James’ story of reaching new limits is one that all of us can relate to–in business, at home, in school. He is an ordinary guy, whose extraordinary personal story will make you laugh, cry, reflect, and leave you inspired to reach higher. James has spoken all over the world, on stages in more than 20 countries.
"James, I just got done listening to your story. I'm still wiping tears. You are brave, strong and such an inspiration. Congratulations on your accomplishments. Thank you for sharing your story with us. It was so heartwarming listening to you speak about your journey."